Ask, Answer, Act! How to lead yourself and your team to win in real estate!
Did you know that asking questions is a very powerful skill that can guide you and your team to financial success?
Are there any wrong questions? YES!! What questions you should ask yourself as a leader, and what questions you should be asking your team.
Why are questions so important? We will discuss how you can you use questions to connect with people, to challenge yourself and improve your team’s performance.
We are going to get you into action! We are going to practice the process of asking great questions.
WHAT DO QUALITY QUESTIONS DO?
- Quality Questions allow people to find their own answers. Did you ever have someone tell you what to do? How many of you like to be told what to do? There is a huge difference in TELLING verses ASKING. When you ask a question, you are having someone think for themselves—they own it and therefore are more likely to take action!
- A great question can change a person’s state from pain to pleasure at a moment’s notice. It can open up a person’s mind to possibilities in a snap.
- Questions can access what a person’s true desires and needs
And what’s really amazing is how quickly QUESTIONS can move someone from a limited view to a state of possibilities!
- Tony Robbins says “The quality of your life is directly proportional to the quality of the question you ask”
- Every question we ask whether verbally stated out loud, or thought of in our head, our unconscious mind is programmed to answer. Which means when we ask a poor question our unconscious mind will answer it.
- I’m a believer that the wealth process begins in our head. It begins in our thoughts. Who here has heard of the book by Napolian Hill “Think and Grow Rich”? What’s the first word? Think!! We need to take the time to get to know what’s going on in our head.
- And unfortunately, we all get a little stuck in our heads asking ourselves poor questions. For instance:
- Why does this always happen to me?
- What’s wrong with me?
- Why am I so stupid?
- Why can’t I have what I want?
- Why do I seem to keep ending up in the same place?
- Why can’t I get this right?
- Why don’t I have any time?
- Why can’t I seem to make more money?
Do any of these sound familiar? If you’ve thought of any of these questions your unconscious mind has answered them. These types of questions disempower us.
What have you lost as a result of this line of questioning?
What would be more empowering questions to replace those with? Questions that access possibilities and resources.
- What do I want to experience?
- What can I learn from this?
- What is great about this problem?
- What am I willing to do to make it the way I want it?
- How can I enjoy the process?
- Where do I want to contribute?
- How can I help in this situation?
- How can I create a win-win for everyone?
- How can I make a difference?
- How can I feel satisfied?
- What another way I can make money from this?
- What am I committed to in my life right now?
What if you ended your days asking yourself…
- What have I given today?
- What did I learn today?
- What has today added to the quality of my life?
- How can I use today as an investment in my future?
What benefits will you gain as a result of these new questions?
How will you move forward from these questions?
There are three things we gain from quality questions. Let’s talk about them.
- Quality Questions help you gain valuable information and learn about people.
Remember, people don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care. Asking quality questions is a great way to connect with people, gain valuable information and show you care. These are questions that build rapport.
- What brings you to this meeting?
- Tell me about your Investing experience?
- Have you tried other ways to invest?
- Where do you want to invest?
- What do you want to invest in?
- What’s been most challenging for you?
- What is it that you want real esate to do for you?
- When would you like that to be (time horizon)?
- Quality Questions direct focus and open possibilities.
Great leaders know the power of asking great questions and focus is critical in business.
FOR EXAMPLE. I work with entrepreneurs and under stress some will ask their team:
– “Why can’t you get this right?”
– “Why did you do that?”
These questions direct focus toward failure. They disempower their team, lead to blame, excuses, stories, and ultimately defeat.
Compare this to other entrepreneurs who ask:
– “How do we figure this out?” “How do we come up with a creative solution?” “How can we stay on budget and get this done?”
– This question directs focus toward success. It empowers the team to find solutions, innovate, use creative thinking, problem solve and move forward.
– Who has the better chance of succeeding in their business?
– Ask a better question, get a better answer.
– More importantly, are the questions you ask in your business and your life leading to excuses and blame, or solutions and possibilities?
- Quality Questions allow people to find their own answers.
As we said earlier there is a huge difference in telling v. asking.
– When you ask people quality questions it:
– Allows them to solve their own problems,
– Find their own truth;
– Own the answer and take action!
In the next blog we will apply how the skill of asking questions applies to real estate.