Are you looking to grow your net worth? Who wouldn’t!
This is a simple concept that is proven.
When you put yourself in the same space as successful entrepreneurs and real estate investors you have a greater chance to become just like them.
Proximity is indeed power.
By learning from these “mentors” (those more seasoned than you in any given area of interest), you become more powerful in your intentions and move ever closer to your success goals.
Here’s a big tip: Find yourself a great role model. In fact, find yourself a few!
Next, find people with whom you have a lot in common.
In my world that means fellow real estate investors. Anyone who knows me can tell you that I love everything about real estate investing! I want to make friends with other women (and men) who share my passion for the different strategies we can all use to get properties under contract and do what we want with them… which is make passive income.
Something that excites me most about real estate investing is that there are so many ways to do deals and earn income. So many strategies… never enough time, right?!
What else do you need to do to move closer to your goals of success?
- Grow your network over time to include those who love real estate investing and entrepreneurial endeavors as much as you do and from whom you can learn new things. You can do this in lots of ways. You MUST (yes, all caps) participate in conversations, ask questions, give answers and engage people in the groups. This will expand your credibility as an expert in what you do. In turn people will contact you with deals and investors will contact you because they may want to invest with you.
- Meet new people who share your passion in a safe space… like WREN events there is nothing better than meeting new people face to face in a comfortable space. At WREN you can meet new people with whom you might do deals. You will meet those with properties and those who want you to use their cash and credit in your deals. But you will never meet them if you don’t put yourself out there and fearlessly shake hands with strangers.
- Create a strong community. Keep building new relationships and stay in touch with everyone you meet. With today’s technologies, staying in touch is pretty easy. You can even use Facebook Messenger for communications. Add people to your social media channels and make sure you stay on topic, talking about entrepreneurial topics and real estate investing. (Do not be negative or complain on your pages – that’s not what you’re there for.) What results is not just a bigger community online; it will translate to the real world. Why? Because if you build it right, you’ll be invited to events and maybe even as an expert speaker! Think how that would grow both your network and your net wealth!!
- Stand guard of your mind and your healthy mindset by consuming great content about the topic of real estate investing and entrepreneurship (books, articles and videos). This helps you build and maintain a positive mindset about what you’re doing. You aren’t the first to enter this realm of entrepreneurship. Many people came before you. So you want to consume, consume, consume content on entrepreneurial topics, business-building practices, deal structures, biographies of those who have come before you in your area of interest and best practices in real estate investing. If you want a great book to start with that could be considered the mother of all others that came after it, read Think and Grow Rich a few times!
- Feed and strengthen your body. This may sound odd, but a healthy body supports a healthy mindset, which in turn keeps you strong and allows success to more easily enter the door of your life!! You’ll want to keep up your strength to attend all those networking events. Try adding a little yoga and meditation to your daily routine. Take good supplements. With your healthy attitude you won’t have any trouble sharing your goals and vision with everyone you meet. People are drawn to positive people. Just think what that could do when building your network, because positive people will be drawn to your energy. (Try it and get back to me. I’d like to hear how it goes for you.)
- Find the invincible spirit within. When you fall, get up and keep trying. When you weaken, call someone in your network to get a bit of a pick-me-up. Learn from others’ experiences and stay strong. We have all gone through challenges in our lives and we’re still here; we’re still breathing; we’re still working toward our goals. If it was all really easy, it wouldn’t feel as good to get to our goals, would it? Truth is that we need a bit of challenge. So embrace yours and move on. When you feel weak, reach out to your network. You’ll find people to cheer you on.
If you do these few simple things, your network will grow. As a result your net worth will grow. Now that you know the big “secrets” to building your network, you’re ready for this.
I invite you to get the ultimate POWER of PROXIMITY by joining me at the Ignite Your Fire Within Event October 21st! Click the image below to learn more!